Roasted Garlic and Butternut Soup
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Grab your head of garlic and slice the top 1/4 off so you expose the garlic
- Remove the seeds from each butternut half. Rinse till the seeds are clean, and then coat in salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Set aside.
- Fill the butternut with the whole garlic, all the thyme, and a generous sprinkling of salt, pepper and olive oil.
- On a lined baking sheet, lay down your butternut cut side down.
- Roast for 45 minutes until soft. When the squash has 15 minutes remaining, place the butternut seeds on the sheet, and roast until crispy.
- Remove from the oven, and remove the garlic and thyme from the butternut. Scoop the flesh into a blender, and squeeze all the garlic cloves in too. Remove thyme leaves from the stalks and throw those in.
- Add vegetable stock, almond milk and nutritional yeast (if using), and blend until silky smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan to heat through, and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Once heated through, pour into bowls and top with roasted butternut seeds, coconut cream, olive oil and fresh thyme.
- Serve with some fresh crusty bread and enjoy!
This recipe uses Almond Breeze® Unsweetened
1 butternut squash, halved
1 whole head of garlic
7-10 sprigs of fresh thyme
250ml vegetable stock
170ml Almond Breeze Unsweetened
2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
salt & pepper