Pumpkin S’mores Donuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly coat donut pans with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine almond milk and vinegar in a small bowl and give a small stir. Set aside for 8-10 minutes to allow the mixture to curdle.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarb, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and almond milk mixture.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and gently stir until just combined, being sure not to overmix. The batter will be thick. Pipe batter into prepared donut pans, filling about ⅔-¾ full.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden and springy to the touch. Let donuts cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans and transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Spread a thick layer of marshmallow fluff over each donut, and using a blowtorch, toast lightly until golden.
- Sprinkle over biscuit crumbs and serve!
This recipe uses Unsweetened Almond Breeze
Makes 6 Donuts
You will need: 1 x 6 Hole Donut tray
A kitchen blow torch
For the Donuts:
⅓ cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened
½ tsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp bicarb
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (alternatively use 1/4 tsp nutmeg and 3/4 tsp ground ginger)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup pure pumpkin puree
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the S’mores topping:
1 cup Marshmallow Fluff
3-4 digestive biscuits, crumbled