Fluffy Vegan Pancakes
- In a small bowl combine the flaxseed and water and set aside for 5 minutes to let it thicken.
- In another bowl combine the almond milk with apple cider vinegar and set it aside. It will slightly thicken and curdle.
- Whisk the flaxseed “egg”, the almond milk mixture together with the yoghurt and vanilla extract.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix together in medium bowl.
- Mix in the wet ingredients, and mix well. If the mixture is too thick, add additional almond milk, and if its too runny, add extra flour, 1 tbsp at a time.
- In the meantime, bring a pan to medium heat and add enough oil to just cover the pan so it doesn’t dry out.
- Once pan is hot and ready, use a 1/4 cup to scoop out the pancake mix and pour into middle of the pan. Use the measure cup or the back of a spoon to flatten the mixture and make it into a round pancake.
- Let cook 2-3 minutes per side or until the edges start to bubble slightly (if you don’t flatten them as much you might want to cook closer to 3-4 minutes per side).
- Serve topped with toppings of choice and enjoy!
This recipe uses Almond Breeze® Unsweetened
Makes around 8-10 pancakes
2 cups plain flour
1 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarb
1 1/4 cups Almond Breeze Unsweetened
1/2 cup plain plant based yoghurt or greek yoghurt
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
6 tbsp water
2 tsp vanilla
Ideas for topping//