- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Whisk the flaxseed and 3 tbsp of water in a small bowl to make a flax egg. Set aside.
- Combine the almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a measuring cup, stir thoroughly and set aside.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugar to a medium bowl and mix well.
- Return to your almond milk mixture and add in the oil, the flax mixture, and the vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour your wet mixture over your dry ingredients and mix until smooth (be sure not to over mix, as this will cause the waffles to become tough and chewy).
- Cook the waffles according to your waffle maker’s instructions.
- Top with toppings of choice and serve.
This recipe uses Almond Breeze® Unsweetened
350ml Almond Breeze unsweetened
200g plain flour
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
2 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
Maple Syrup or honey