Chocolate Peanut Butter ‘Nice Cream’ Sandwiches
- First make your cookies-
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Blitz all ingredients in a food processor, until a ball forms. If the mixture looks dry, add a few splashes of almond milk until smooth but not too sticky.
- Roll this out, and using a glass or cookie cutter, cut out 14-18 cookie rounds. You may need to re-roll the dough a few times to do this.
- Place on a lined baking sheet, and bake for 8-10 minutes until set and slightly golden. Remove and allow to cool.
- Next, make your ’Nice Cream’. Add frozen bananas, vanilla, maple syrup and almond milk to a food processor and blend until smooth- you want this to be a thick ice cream texture, if it is too runny, add another frozen banana, and blitz until smooth and just combined.
- Scoop out half the mixture into a bowl, and place in the freezer until ready to use.
- Add cocoa powder to the remaining mix and blend. Set in a separate bowl in the freezer.
- When you are ready to assemble, scoop about 1 tbsp of nice cream onto a cookie and place on a lined baking sheet. You will need to work quickly with these! Divide chocolate and vanilla mixture between cookies, and place cookies on top to create a sandwich.
- Place in the freezer, while you melt your chocolate. When you are ready, drizzle melted chocolate over each sandwich, and top with chopped peanuts and sea salt.
- Place back in the freezer until ready to serve!
This recipe uses Almond Breeze® Barista
Makes 7-9 sandwiches
For the ‘Nice Cream”
4 frozen bananas (frozen for at least 4 hours or overnight)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp maple syrup
25ml Almond Breeze
2 tbsp cocoa powder
For the Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup Peanut Butter
3/4 cup oat flour
1/2 cup plain flour
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
60 ml Almond Breeze
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup melted chocolate
2 tbsp roasted and salted peanuts, chopped