Autumn Spiced Waffles
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Whisk the flaxseed and 3 tbsp of water in a small bowl to make a flax egg. Set aside.
- Combine the almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a measuring cup, stir thoroughly and set aside.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar to a medium bowl and mix well.
- Return to your almond milk mixture and add in the oil, the flax mixture, and the vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour your wet mixture over your dry ingredients and mix until few lumps remain (be sure not to over mix, as this will cause the waffles to become tough and chewy).
- Cook the waffles according to your waffle maker’s instructions.
- Top with toppings of choice and serve immediately!
This recipe uses Almond Breeze® Barista
350ml Almond Breeze
200g plain white flour
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg